These terms and conditions of use (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions of Use”) are applicable to every use of every web page belonging to the “thevirus.be” domain (hereinafter the “Website”) and every service offered through the Website by De Mensen NV, headquartered at 1930 ZAVENTEM, Wezembeekstraat 3 and registered in the Companies Database under the number 0474.766.993 (hereinafter “we”, or “us”), the Website publisher.
We request that you, the user, read the present Terms and Conditions of Use carefully prior to any use of the Website. By making use of the Website you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions of Use (or any part thereof), you are requested to make no further use of the Website.
We may alter or revise the present Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. The altered or revised Terms and Conditions of Use take effect once published on the Website. The most recent version of these Terms and Conditions of Use are always available at www.thevirus.be/termsofuse. It is assumed that you, the user, have read and accepted the most recent Terms and Conditions of Use on every visit.
We endeavour to provide you with all the information we can on cookies through use of our Website. This information is provided in the form of a cookie statement (hereinafter “Cookie Statement”) and may be viewed at any time at www.thevirus.be/cookies. The Cookie Statement is also part of the present Terms and Conditions of Use. By using the Website you acknowledge that you have read and approved the Cookie Statement.
4. Accessibility, content and use of the Website
Access to our Website is free.
The Website, and all content provided through the Website, is provided with no guarantee as to completeness, correctness, currency or availability.
You must be 18 or over to make use of the Website. Minors who wish to use the Website may do so only under the guidance and supervision of at least one of their parents or an adult with parental authority. We cannot be held liable in cases where minors use the Website without said guidance or supervision.
All texts, photos, videos, drawings, databases (both structure and content), software, trade names, domain names, brands, logos and other possible constituents of the Website are protected by intellectual property rights belonging to us or to third parties. Without prior written consent from us or the third party proprietors of specific content, it is forbidden to save, reproduce, change, make public, distribute, sell or in any way transfer content or data provided via the Website, or grant any rights thereto to third parties, in a manner which violates said intellectual property rights. By way of exception to this rule the user is permitted to view the Website and the content available via the Website online only, and to make one digital or physical copy of one or more constituents of the Website and save this for private (non-commercial) use only.
As a user of the Website you also understand and accept that you are not permitted to:
- infringe any law through or as a result of your use of the Website;
- collect and/or use personal details or other data of users, for any purpose whatsoever;
- use metatags without our prior written consent;
- frame any part of the Website without our prior written consent;
- place or send spam messages via the Website;
- engage in data mining or screen scraping, or use robots or similar data gathering tools on the Website.
- place viruses, worms or other harmful code or spread them via the Website;
- change, alter or hack the Website (or a part thereof);
- change, alter of hack the website of a third party or make it look as if that website or third party is associated with us or the Website;
- use the Website, and the content offered via the Website, for commercial purposes;
- use the Website for promotional purposes of any kind;
- copy, reproduce, reproduce in numbers, retail, wholesale or exploit a part of or access to the Website without our prior written consent;
It is permitted to create a hyperlink from you own website to the homepage of our Website, provided you do this in a lawful manner and do not damage our reputation, or abuse or attempt to derive benefit from our reputation. Our prior written consent must always be sought when creating deep links to the Domain.
Our Website may contain hyperlinks to other third party websites or web pages, or refer to third party websites or web pages. We have no control over the content or other characteristics of those websites or web pages and cannot be held liable for the content or charactertistics of those websites or web pages. When we add to our Website a hyperlink to another website or web page, this does not mean that we agree with the content of that website or web page.
You accept that we may call on the services of a third party. These third parties are parties who are able to provide the hardware, software, network, storage space and related technologies needed to provide and maintain the functionality of the Website (such as hosting partners).
You use the Website entirely at your own risk. You are also responsible for anyone who wishes to make use of the Website through your internet connection and for that user's compliance with the present Terms and Conditions of Use.
We cannot be held liable for any damage whatsoever, including but not restricted to material, non-material, physical or moral damage (even if we have been informed of the likelihood of such damage), resulting from:
- interference, disruption or defects in the electronic service provision relating to the Website;
- the completeness, correctness and currency of the information available via the Website, or the availability of the website itself;
- viruses or other potentially harmful code which, despite all our precautions, appear on the Website;
- fraudulent falsification of data by third parties as the result of unauthorised access to (a part of) the Website;
- third party statements or behaviour on or via the Website;
- content placed on or via the Website by third parties (other users included);
- unauthorised access to or editing of your transmission or data.
6. Complaints and controls relating to content available through the Website
You understand and accept that we do not have an active obligation to control the content available through the Website. If you have a complaint about any of the content made available through the Website, because it is, in your opinion, unlawful or inconsistent with the present Terms and Conditions of Use, please report this to us through any of the channels listed in Article 10 of the present Terms and Conditions of Use.
If your complaint relates to an alleged breach of your intellectual property rights, or anyone else's, it will not be processed unless it contains at least the following information:
- precise details of the content, available on the Website, which you believe constitutes an infringement;
- sufficient information to enable us to contact the proprietor or his/her representative, such as email address, telephone number, etc.;
- a statement that you are reasonably of the opinion that the reported use of content is not permitted by the holder of the intellectual property right, his proprietor and/or as the result of any other provision of law;
- a statement that the information provided is accurate and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the proprietor of the rights which are alleged to have been violated.
We aim to handle every complaint with due care, but are under no obligation whatsoever to take action in relation to that complaint.
Though not obliged, we do nonetheless reserve the right to temporarily or permanently remove any content which we think may be a violation of rights, unlawful, inconsistent with the present Terms and Conditions of Use, intimidating, pornographic, obscene or objectionable in any other way, without seeking the prior permission of any party and without stating reasons for that decision.
7. Changes and removal of (parts of) the Website
We retain the right to change or remove (a part of) the Website at any time and on our own initiative; this may be temporary or permanent and does not require a statement or notice in advance.
If we do not exercise a right or provision (arising) from these Terms and Conditions of Use, this does not in any way imply a waiver of that right or provision.
Should one or more elements of the Terms and Conditions of Use be found to be partially or entirely unenforceable, this shall not affect validity and/or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
9. Interpretation and disputes
The present Terms and Conditions of Use are subject to Belgian law.
In the event of a dispute over any aspect of our Website, including the present Terms and Conditions of Use, you accept that the competent court in the legal district of Brussels will have jurisdiction.
10. Contact details
For any further questions or comments on the use of the Website in general, and the present Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.