1. Identification of the controller
De Mensen NV, with registered office at Wezembeekstraat 3, 1930 ZAVENTEM, and registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (KBO) under enterprise number 0474.766.993 (referred to below as "De Mensen", "we" or "us") operates the website "www.thevirus.be" (referred to below as the "Website").
De Mensen undertakes to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the "General Data Protection Regulation", referred to below as "the GDPR"). The GDPR can always be consulted through the website of the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy ("Privacy Commission"): www.privacycommission.be.
Since De Mensen determines the purposes and means of processing, it must be considered the "controller" of the personal data collected through the Website.
For all questions or information about the processing of your personal data, please contact: De Mensen NV
1930 - ZAVENTEM
Tel.: +32 2 709 70 00
2. Which personal data are collected through the Website?
2.1. Data you provide to us
The services below are offered through the Website (referred to below as the "Service(s)"). If you wish to use one or more of these Services, you must first provide us with certain personal data using an electronic form:
Applications for a job or work placement: surname, first name, sex, nationality, date of birth, place of birth, physical address (street, number, postal code, place of residence), email address, telephone number, marital status, highest educational qualification obtained (and, if an application for a work placement, also the study programme, training institute and year of study), CV, and photograph.
Some personal data must be provided to enable us to offer you the Service. If you do not provide these personal data, we cannot provide you with that Service. These mandatory data are shown either by an asterisk (*) or are otherwise shown on the electronic form. The other data are optional.
2.2. Data collected automatically while using our Website
3. Legitimate grounds for processing
We may also process the personal data collected through the Website:
- if this is necessary to perform an agreement concluded between you and us (or one of us) resulting or arising from a Service;
- if this is necessary to comply with any of our statutory obligations as the controller;
- if this is necessary to protect our own legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your personal data outweigh our interests or those of that third party.
4. Processing purposes
The purposes for which we process the personal data collected through the Website are as follows:
4.1. Data you provide to us:
- to provide you with the requested Service(s);
- to request more information with a view to the best possible delivery of the requested Service(s);
- to inform you of any changes to the Service(s);
- to inform you about other products or services similar to or connected with the Service(s) you have requested before, offered by us or companies affiliated with us (all belonging to the De Mensen group) .
4.2. Data collected automatically while using our Website:
- for research and statistical purposes;
- to improve and optimise the content and quality of the Website and the way it is presented to users;
- to create collective profiles.
5. Security of your personal data
We ensure appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss, misuse and any form of unlawful processing.
All personal data we process are stored on secure servers that De Mensen manage, protected by firewalls and equipped with a central access control system.
Even so, if there is an actual or imminent incident, our security breach policy aims to respond to any such incident as effectively and efficiently as possible.
6. Retention period
We will not retain your data collected through the Website longer than needed to provide your requested Service. If you no longer wish to use your requested Service, you can always inform us, after which we will remove your personal data within a reasonable period, except for those personal data that remain necessary to provide another Service you have requested.
Personal data you have provided to us for job application purposes will not be retained beyond the end of the second calendar year following that in which you provided your personal data for job application purposes.
We will also take the necessary measures to remove your personal data if it appears the processing purposes for which they were collected are no longer relevant or up to date.
7. Recipients of your personal data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties without your consent, except for:
- the administrator of the Website server(s);
- service providers (providers of analysis tools) who help us to improve and optimise our Website;
- our affiliated* legal entities (part of the De Mensen group);
- our general and special successors-in-title
* More specifically, these companies are De Mensen NV, Gardner and Domm NV, Gallop Tax Shelter NV, Het Laatste Bedrijf BVBA, Skyline Entertainment NV, Les Gens SA, The New Flemish Primitives NV and Fabiola BV.
8. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, the GDPR grants you various rights. If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, address your request to De Mensen by email at email@example.com or by letter to De Mensen NV - Privacy, Wezembeekstraat 3, 1930 Zaventem. Please state in your request which of these rights you wish to exercise and attach a copy of your identity card to your request so we can verify your identity.
8.1. Right of access
You may always access your personal data we process (and the information relating to processing we must provide to you under the GDPR, including the purposes of the processing, the legal ground(s) for the processing, the period during which the personal data will be stored, and so on). There is no charge for this access.
8.2. Right to rectification
You may also request us to alter or supplement your personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete.
8.3. Right to erasure
You may always request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
8.4. Right to restriction of processing
You may also request us to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period that enables us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing would be unlawful, you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request us to restrict their use instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for the intended purposes of the processing, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- you contest we are using your personal data for the legitimate processing grounds we have relied on.
8.5. Right to object to use for direct marketing
You may moreover always object to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data, we would be grateful if you could send them to us first (see our contact details under Article 1).